NEW MARINA VILLAGE GROUNDBREAKING IN WATERWAYS BENEFITTING BRYAN RESIDENTS

1 of 6

Waterways is currently building new Marina Village, which will include a large dry storage facility, launching docks, a sizable retail component, eateries, fitness facilities and a park.

2 of 6

Bryan County will be a major beneficiary of this endeavor, as 70% of the storage slips will be designated for use by county residents at large. The remaining 30% will be reserved for Waterways residents. The project, which is currently under construction, will give boats access to the intracoastal waterway through Redbird Creek.

3 of 6

The dry storage area, which can house 200 boats up to 35 feet long, is estimated to be complete by late summer or early fall 2019. The other features and amenities at Marina Village are planned to open in summer 2020. The retail portion, dubbed Cottenham Exchange, will include a general store; ship store; a small eatery that will sell items like sandwiches, ice cream and coffee; yoga and fitness studios for Waterways residents; and some open space for events.

4 of 6

Beside the exchange, Savannah Square Park will look out over the marina, providing splendid views as well as an airy venue for public outdoor events and gatherings. Doug Davis, CEO of development firm Fletcher Davis, recently spoke to the Rotary Club of Richmond Hill about the project his company is handling.

5 of 6

“This is such a unique proposition for us and for Bryan County at large because this facility here is not limited just to the residents of Waterways. The dry stack is going to be available to the general public as well. So, this is an asset not just for Waterways, but for all of the county as well,” Davis said. He pointed out that the facility is unique not just to the immediate area, but actually, to the region as a whole due to its incredible accessibility.

6 of 6

Thanks to the facility’s prime location, boaters headed out to sea won’t waste any time getting to their destination.  For more information about Waterways, please visit www.livewaterways.com.